Download a .
(Note: This post was sponsored by Alpha Omega Publications. Read our .)
If you are a homeschooler who is considering trying an online curriculum, if you are someone who is thinking about homeschooling next school year, or if you are looking for something to help supplement your kids’ education this summer, you’ll definitely want to check out this offer for a !
We used this curriculum for two years while we were homeschooling and there were many great things about it. I love that kids can do it at their own pace, that much of the work is graded automatically, that the online curriculum is so interactive — there are the usual textbook-type copy, but then they break things up with videos, interactive quizzes, audio lessons, and games to play (these were favorites at our house!).
We also loved that they could log into their school from anywhere where there was a computer and internet access… and we often took school with us on the road or on a plane! I also loved that our kids could go at their own pace and we had access to all of the curriculum. So if a child finished the current subject in their current grade, they could move on to the next grade — without us having to buy any new curriculum or pay an additional fee!
In addition, we loved that you could mix and match grades. For instance, Silas struggled with reading and phonics but excelled in math. So we let him work ahead a few grades in math because he was getting all of the answers correct and was highly motivated to see how far he could get!
I also loved that I didn’t have to plan lessons and that I could see instantly how the kids were doing in all their subjects by logging into the teacher/parent portal.
If you are looking for something different and fresh for your homeschool curriculum next year, definitely . There are no strings attached and no credit/debit card required. It’s a truly free 30-day trial!
offers many benefits:
- There are four budget-friendly plans to choose from. Monarch is perfect for frugal homeschooling families. Pay as you go for a budget-friendly approach to homeschooling or save even more when you purchase a yearly plan. Both options are available for an individual student or the whole family.
- It’s flexible. No matter the time, place, or your child’s preferred pace, Monarch lets homeschoolers study when and how it is convenient for them.
- Students build professional communication skills every day. Monarch’s built-in messaging system provides students with an opportunity to practice virtual communication skills as they encounter questions or concerns while completing coursework.
- It provides immediate access to the latest information. As history happens and technology advances from day to day, there’s no need to wait around for software updates or a new edition of your textbook. Monarch Online Curriculum can be updated any time, providing your child with constant access to the most up-to-date information.
- Record-keeping is easy and feedback is instant. All of the student data is stored digitally, and 85% of student work is graded automatically.
- Their subscription plans provide access to 50 courses for grades 3 through 12, allowing students to mix and match courses across grade levels to suit their individual learning needs.
- It’s PC and Mac compatible.
- They offer secure data storage. Monarch’s secure learning environment stores your child’s academic records for seven years after your subscription ends. Accessible anytime, your child’s grades are neatly logged, so you have everything to accurately prepare high school transcripts.
Want to try the Monarch Online Curriculum?
Right now, December212012.info readers can get a !
Just use coupon code MON30MSM in the promo code box during the sign-up process to get this deal.
Download a .
This is a weekly list of Free Homeschool Curriculum and Resources compiled by Carrie from . If you aren’t a homeschooler, but you’re a parent, teacher, babysitter, or nanny, you’ll probably find at least a few useful freebies in this list. You may also want to go through the Educational Deals and Freebies from earlier this week for more.
General Homeschool Resources
– Parents, undoubtedly, need to be proactive about teaching kids how to stay safe on the Internet. These helpful tips will come in handy.
– There are some amazing and brilliant ways to organize your family’s board games in your home.
– I wasn’t aware that studies show that when kids see less visual clutter they play with their toys more often, were you?
– Check out the 7 reasons that convinced a language-phobic Mom to add Latin to her homeschool schedule.
– If you have a child who is struggling with an auditory processing disorder (APD), you probably have many questions.
– This cleaning pack will give you ideas to get your cleaning juices flowing such as a cleaning supply list, cleaning ideas for every room in the house, and more!
– Have you recently encountered a slump that has everyone aching for a quick change of pace- if only for a day?
Language Arts Resources
– Cursive writing is an important skill to learn, especially when so many institutions are going out of their way to not teach it.
– This free resource is designed to help learn about writing an argumentative or persuasive essay and comes with a graphic organizer and writing checklist.
– It’s a great time to look for fresh writing opportunities for your children. Use this beautiful time to explore creation with your kids.
– Check out these poetry activities for upper elementary that includes a FREE poetry types booklet and a FREE poetry terms Bingo board.
– Learn the many benefits of an Author Study and how to create one in 5 simple steps with an author study template.
– Discover if your education philosophy matches up with this way of home educating your children, gain additional insights of what makes this method of educating a perfect way to raise self-educating children.
FREE Early Learning Resources
– These free number worksheets for preschool reinforce a variety of skills with lots of hands-on practice.
– This free reading comprehension work bundle is for beginning readers to help them sharpen their reading and comprehension skills.
– Grab these free D’Nealian Handwriting Charts for both right-handed and left-handed learners.
– This super cute printable looks great in both color and black & white, making the printing more cost-effective.
Science & Math, History & Geography Resources
– These free map printables include both labeled maps and blank maps for review and practice.
– You will not believe the many educational benefits of using Minecraft in your homeschool.
– This geographical study of Brazil includes free printables and free download
– This fraction models graphic organizer will be a great tool for your homeschool during their fraction unit.
– Help your homeschool travel through space and learn about the planets, the Moon and the Sun with this lovely design of Solar System Flashcards.
My daughter LOVED the Experience Astronomy online course! Enrollment is now open and you can get the early bird discount. .
Unit Studies, Fine Arts Freebies, & Electives
– 41 fun flower themed crafts for kids.
– Explore with your homeschool a great tutorial for this DIY Nature Journal which includes over 50 free printable outdoor activities.
– Earth Day is on April 22, so why not teach about garbage and recycling with these lesson plans for kindergarten, preschool, and elementary grades.
– Use these free printable nets to build and create 3D shapes- Cube, Cylinder, Cone, Pyramid and more.
– If you love the outdoors and being in nature, or you are a Charlotte Mason style homeschooler, then you most definitely will want to start incorporating nature studies into your homeschool days.
Upper Grade (Middle & High School) Resources
– Learn how to list dual credit on your students transcripts for college.
– With dedication and innovative thinking, applying for scholarships can be a short, pain-free experience.
– Challenge your students to go deeper in their studies of these leaders of World War II.
– Homeschool graduation is a super important event for our kids (and parents too, we made it!) – we need to celebrate them.
– The free resources for grades 6th through 12th will help your child learn and break down those hard to learn areas.
– This is great insight and an amazing resource of 100 hands-on activities for middle school and high school students.
FREE Character-Building Resources
– Pray and begin memorizing Psalm 23:13-18 together as a family with these beautiful scripture art prints, memory verse cards, coloring pages, and prayer prompts.
– This awesome preschool set includes 25 pages of games, activities, crafts and teaching resources for the seven days of creation.
Carrie has been homeschooling for over a decade and loves to share FREE homeschooling resources, deals, and reviews over at . You can find homeschool freebies, free homemaking resources, meal plans, free unit studies, and much more.
Download a .
Download a .