This is a weekly list of Free Homeschool Curriculum and Resources compiled by Carrie from . If you aren’t a homeschooler, but you’re a parent, teacher, babysitter, or nanny, you’ll probably find at least a few useful freebies in this list. You may also want to go through the Educational Deals and Freebies from earlier this week for more.
General Homeschool Resources
– The beginning of a new homeschool year should be exciting rather than stressful, but to get to that point requires some planning. Use these items on our helpful summer homeschool checklist to make sure you’re thoroughly prepared for your new year.
– Keep these screen-free activities to help guide you in enjoying some fun during down time in your homeschool for the week.
– Reward your kids with homemade (healthier) lollipops!
– Help your kids know how to use technology in a healthy and productive way with these 5 tips for health tech habits.
– Summer months can be hot, which means my kids don’t particularly like to spend too much time outside. But that doesn’t mean we can’t have a little fun inside!
– Plan for an organized day with tips on how to create a daily homeschool schedule for your kids.
– Will you be transitioning from public school or even private school to homeschool this year?
– Print out this free August activity calendar for fresh ideas to entertain and educate your kids throughout the month.
– Check out this ultimate list of subscription boxes and get a free box too!
Early Learning Resources
– This preschool farm animal pack comes with activities designed especially for the young learners. There are over 25 pages of learning with a cute farm animal theme.
– If you are looking forward to helping your family eat better this year, then use these printables to get them interested in eating their veggies.
– Provide your children with handwriting practice with these A-Z handwriting practice sheets.
– This free printable preschool assessment sheet can be used to record children’s learning progress throughout the year or as a precursor for preschool.
– This free printable five senses sorting activity is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. It helps to build critical thinking skills while the child figures out which sense is used for each item.
Science & Math Resources
– These simple, no prep Summer STEM activities will help with boredom this summer before school starts.
– This math packet comes with fun, hands-on activities to introduce, teach and help master multiplication facts.
– Learn how to incorporate a nature study into your homeschool or to just get the most out of a hike through the woods or a trip to the beach.
– Grab this huge printable science book list for your homeschool. This list has over 50+ living books to read to your children that your whole family can enjoy throughout the years.
– These creation audios and videos are perfect ways for our family to really learn all they can about creation.
– Check out these 10 inspiring engineering books for kids for your homeschool.
– The game is a great opportunity for math and counting practice.
– These activities are super fun can be done with common supplies, so the kit is easy to put together and inexpensive.
– Check out all these fun marble run ideas that use the STEM activity of physics.
Language Arts Resources
– Curiosity Saved the Cat is a short, story-based journey through 34 years of teaching, written by the author of One Year Adventure Novel and will help you instill a love of writing in your children.
– Help your students learn the vowel sounds by using songs and dances.
– If you are wanting to add some more critical thinking teaching into your homeschool without using a formal curriculum you will love all these free printables and resources.
History & Geography Resources
– This World War I: Research and Notebooking Unit provides parents, teachers, and students options for studying battles of WWI including a list of 168 World War I battles and engagements, world maps of the regions where the battles occurred, and multiple notebooking page templates.
– Color your way across the United States! The brand new Exploring the United States Series is FREE for a limited time.
Unit Studies, Fine Arts Freebies, & Electives
– These printable activities for preschool and kindergarten kids will help your kids learn about primary and secondary colors.
– Your kids will enjoy this free 7 page mini-study on The Crocodile by Lewis Caroll.
– Take action on 10 tips for first time obedience with your children with this free obedience chart.
– This is the Pilgrim’s Progress like you’ve never seen it before and it’s FREE for 5 days only!
Giveaways for Your Homeschool & Home
– Check out this HUGE homeschool giveaway! You’ll be able to enter 7 giveaways, each a bundle of curricula and resources to bless your homeschool this year!
– Do you love organizing and planning (or need to get better)? this giveaway is for you!
– One of my favorite places to find affordable products to use in our homeschool during the beginning years is the Crafty Classroom.
– I love biblical history, how you can weave so much into your study of God’s Word by learning about the people and cultures that are so different than life now. I also love finding hidden gems for homeschoolers, such as this curriculum I want to share with you today.
Carrie has been homeschooling for over a decade and loves to share FREE homeschooling resources, deals, and reviews over at . You can find homeschool freebies, free homemaking resources, meal plans, free unit studies, and much more.