If you’re looking for in-depth advice on how to make money from home…
Be sure to check out my book , where I share creative ways to manage money, generate income and–most importantly–live a life of deeper meaning, fulfillment, and generosity than you might have ever imagined possible. This book is packed with hard-won wisdom, real-life stories, and practical tips to help inspire and motivate you!
I also highly, highly recommend . This step-by-step guide is packed with valuable information and tips!
Looking for some easy ways to get started at earning money from home? Here are a few ideas–most of which I’ve personally done at some point, or am still doing myself:
You won’t get rich taking surveys, but you can certainly earn a little side income — usually something like $5-$10 per week. You can read a little about .
One site I recommend signing up with is . The best part of this site is how easy it is to cash out. Save up your points if you want, or redeem for a $1, $3 or $5 Amazon Gift Card right away! Get paid $0.50 to $50 per survey, depending on how long it takes you, a $3 bonus for signing up. Swagbucks will also pay you to watch videos, try products, shop online, and even search the web. to sign up.
Here’s a list of some other legitimate survey companies you can sign up with.
Start a Subscription Box Service from Home
Thinking of starting a subscription box service? Head over to — a site that lets anyone start a subscription box business. There are endless possibilities with this! Moms have created everything from monthly snack subscription boxes to science club boxes and decor subscription boxes. .
Become a Proofreader
If you are a detailed and thorough person, proofreading might be a great option to explore! Sign up for this on how to get started and .
Become a Scopist
Scoping is the art of editing transcripts for court reporters. It’s the step before proofreading transcripts, as you work with the rough draft to make it readable. Sign up for this .
Earn Money for Searching/Using the Web
Do you read email, search the web or purchase things online? Well then, you definitely should be earning points and cashback for doing so. Here are some of my favorite ways to earn money and prizes for doing things I already do online. I’ve been paid consistently by each of these websites and would highly recommend them:
- SwagBucks — Earn points for searching the web. These points can be redeemed towards prizes or gift cards. For suggestions on how to earn the most with Swagbucks, see my series on 15 Ways to Earn More Swagbucks.
- — Earn points for reading emails. These points can be redeemed towards gift cards and more.
- — Earn cash for reading emails, search the web, take surveys, and more
- Cashback Programs — Earn cashback for making purchases online.
Sign up for GetReferred.com
Create an account with GetReferred.com to increase your earning potential from referrals to all kinds of sites! In a nutshell, is a community sharing website for referral links. It’s a win-win! You can find referrals to sign up under get credit for people who sign up under you. They include just about every site you can think of: , , , , , , , and SO many more!
Download and Take Advantage of Money-Making Apps
- Shopkick — Get paid to walk into stores and scan products, no purchase necessary!
- Ibotta — Get cash back on grocery and retail purchases.
- Checkout 51 — Get cash back on grocery purchases.
Sign up to be an Uber Driver-Partner
. After you sign up, you’ll need to pass a background check and complete your driver activation. Once those steps are complete, you can get started with your first trip. This is a great way to make some money on the side, because you can drive as little or as much as you want and set your own schedule.
Sign up to be an Uber Eats Delivery-Partner
is a new way to earn money delivering food from local restaurants to people’s homes. You get to choose when and how long you deliver. If you are cleared to become a , just hop on the app and you’ll start receiving delivery requests in your area! Depending on your location, you might not even need a car! Some areas let you deliver with a bike or scooter. You have the opportunity to earn tips and your earnings will be available to you instantly through Instant Pay. (You can even cash out up to 5 times per day.) .
- Sell Items with an Amazon FBA Business
- Successfully Selling on Craigslist
- Sell Items on Etsy
- Turn Your Trash into Cash
- Sell Items on Facebook
- Sell Your Unused Books at , , , and
For some, blogging can be a great way to earn extra income and it has certainly been a huge blessing in our family. Check out this page with detailed, step-by-step instructions on How to Make Money Blogging.
Find many more helpful ideas and resources for successful blogging at
- Do Freelance Work (Find jobs at Fiverr or )
- Earn Extra Income as a Photographer
- Become a Mystery Shopper (and more here)
- How to Work From Home as a Transcriptionist
- UPromise: Earn Money for College by Buying Groceries
- Balloon Art
- Amazon’s Trade-In Program
- Become a Virtual Call Center Agent
- Bing Rewards
- Become an Online Tutor
- Write for Revenue-Sharing Sites
- Have an Autumn Food Stand
- Have a Garage Sale
- Market Research and Focus Groups
- Mom’s Mornings Out Services
- Usability Testing for Websites
- Answer Questions Online
- Start Your Own Cleaning Business
- Listen to and Review Music at SliceThePie
- Teach Cooking Classes
Other Articles & Resources You Might Find Helpful
- How to Build a Business Without Completely Exhausting Yourself
- 4 Keys That Save My Sanity as a Work-At-Home Mom
- 4 Ways to Market Your Business For Free
- How Can I Make Sure I Don’t Fall for a Work-At-Home Scam?
- How I Found a Full-Time Work-At-Home Job
- My Top 5 Time Management Tips for Work-At-Home Women
- 7 Must-Read Books for Work-At-Home Moms
- A Day in the Life of a Full-Time Working, Blogging Mama
- 5 Reasons to Become a Money-Making Mom
- 15 Money-Making Hobbies
- 19 Time Management Tips for Mom Bloggers
- 5 Reasons to Blog for Your Etsy Business
- 5 Reasons My Etsy Shop Flopped
Want to Start Your Own Blog?
I’m here to help! Check out my comprehensive guide on How to Make Money Blogging with updated information and links. It includes step-by-step help on how to set up your blog, best practices for blogging, and all the details on how to make money from blogging.
Also, if you haven’t done so already, be sure to sign up for my FREE 5-day course on How I Make a Full-Time Income From Home. This video course will give you an inside peek into my blogging and business journey, will share lots of inspiration and hard lessons I’ve learned in the process, and will encourage you with ideas on how you can make a part-time or full-time income from home, too.