I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
For live updates, be sure to . See all posts on my $70 Grocery Budget here.
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our .
Kaitlynn and I went shopping today since we had $53 left to spend on groceries this week. We went to a Kroger that we usually don’t go to — and this Kroger has this section that is all markdowns of scratch and dent items. It looks completely disorganized, but we found some “treasures” in the mess!
Not all Kroger stores have these markdowns sections, but definitely check to see if your store does, if you haven’t already! You never know what you might find!
We bought more junk food than usual — but do the organic veggies and whole wheat flour help balance it out?? 🙂
Kroger Shopping Trip
- 5 boxes Hostess Snacks —
- 1 box Kroger cereal — marked down to $0.69
- 1 box Kroger pasta — marked down to $0.49
- 1 box Kroger Saltine crackers — marked down to $0.69
- Simple Truth eggs — $2.50
- Simple Truth Lunch Kits — $2, = $1.20 each after coupons
- Bananas — marked down to $0.49/lb. = $1.06
- 5 bags of Simple Truth frozen veggies — $1.29 each, = $0.79 each after coupons
- Mentos Gum — free with Free Friday coupon
- 3 6-packs of Pepsi/Sierra Mist —
- Total with tax: $25.26
Big Lots Shopping Trip — 2 bags of Whole Wheat Flour for $3 each = Total with tax: $6.41
Sprouts — Cantaloupe for $0.98 each, Sweet Corn — $6 for $1, Rolled Oats — $0.99 per lb. — $1.75 = Total with tax: $5.03
ALDI Shopping Trip
- 3 Avocados — $0.39 each
- Honey Nut Oats — $1.19
- 2 packages frozen broccoli — $1.19 each
- Milk — $2.69
- 2 packages frozen peas — $0.79 each
- Dill pickles — $1.39
- Vanilla — $3.55
- Total with tax: $14.89
Total Spent This Week
Total spent on groceries this week: $68.13