This is a weekly list of Free Homeschool Curriculum and Resources compiled by Carrie from . If you aren’t a homeschooler, but you’re a parent, teacher, babysitter, or nanny, you’ll probably find at least a few useful freebies in this list. You may also want to go through the Educational Deals and Freebies from earlier this week for more.
General Homeschool Resources
– Field trips are always a great way to really allow a child to experience what they have been learning about. Now with this field trip journal, they will be able to document their entire trip!
– This post will teach you how to create free printable workbooks for your homeschool. You will also be able to download a FREE math printable.
– Following , we continue our series on educational streaming options with a look at 10 things currently on Amazon Prime you may want to watch with your homeschool family.
– This free homeschool resource uses Magic Treehouse and is a great supplement for around-the-world studies.
– Deliberately going digital with homeschool curriculum has huge benefits like taking up less space and minimizing clutter, usually being less expensive, being more portable, and helping your child view technology as learning tools.
– There is such a thing as good screen time! I love taking advantage of educational opportunities that will keep my kids busy while I clean the house or organize our end of the year school papers.
Language Arts Resources
– Listening comprehension is the precursor to reading comprehension, so it’s an important skill to develop.
– Check it out for FREE Trial until Aug 31st.
– Print these free sorting mats and picture cards to give kids a fun way to practice rhyming words.
– Grammar can be fun with this Contractions Memory Game. Learning grammar concepts does not have to be boring.
FREE Early Learning Resources
– If you have an ocean theme in mind for your preschooler you are going to love this ocean I spy game.
– Kids will have a blast with this Very Hungry Caterpillar inspired printable board game!
– You will not want to miss this list of 32 quality and free pretend play printables. It will save you tons of hours online sifting through hit or miss ideas.
– This no prep bear walk board game is the perfect learning game to get your kids up and moving.
– Don’t miss out on these free sight word practice worksheets for pre-K to kindergarten homeschoolers.
– Find out of your early learner is ready for Kindergarten with this checklist.
– If you are looking for ways to teach your child shapes and colors, then these 20 fun color and shape activities will be just what you need.
– If your kids love cars, then they will love this super easy paper plate car craft. The car-themed craft is simple and inexpensive; which makes the craft something moms will love too.
– This post explains three kinds of connections readers make before, during, or after reading. Included in the free pack are five different making connections pages: 1- text-to-self, 2/3- text-to-text (and text to movie), 4-text-to-world, and 5- making connections.
Science & Math, History & Geography Resources
– Check out these super simple ways to teach map skills in your homeschool.
– If you are using Classical Conversations, then grab this Cycle 1 growing booklist for History and Geography.
– Grab these free science journal page and cover page printables.
– Introduce your students to the land of Scotland with My Book About Scotland geography copywork.
– Check out this fidget spinner math activity to practice probability and graphing with your homeschool.
– Read some great advice on how to study geography in your homeschool and get free printable cards for interactive learning states and capitals.
– Do you have a child that loves learning about animals but may struggle with writing? If so, then having them write a report on their favorite animal may be a great way to get them out of their writing funk and help them to get excited about writing.
Unit Studies, Fine Arts Freebies, & Electives
– Your kids can learn about vessels, fun nautical terms, create fun nautical science experiments, nautical music lessons and so much more.
– If you want to teach your kids a second language like Spanish, then check out these 5 sites with programs for learning Spanish for FREE.
– Ensure your high schooler is earning some college credits with these 5 useful tips.
– Your children will love learning about the birds that they discover with these bird notebooking pages.
– Did you know July 14th is Shark Awareness day? It comes just before Shark Week every year.
FREE Character-Building Resources
– If you are learning about bugs this summer in homeschool, then these scripture bug coloring pages will go well with your unit study.
– This freebie has 30 days’ worth of being thankful prompts, bible verses, and space to write out your prayers and to write down what you are thankful for.
– The Bible is the supreme parenting manual. Check out some ways you might consider using the Bible as a parenting manual as well as a life guide.
– Use this awesome tool to help our children stay engaged and focused during a church service.
– The “Choose Your Own Adventure” Bible Reading Chart was made to spark kids’ excitement for discovering amazing stories in God’s Word.
– There is hope to keep running our race, to just keep going – even when life is a mess.
– This free printable pack includes a study sheet, bookmarks, and scripture card printables with all ten commandments on each.
– Heroines of the Past Bible Study by Amy Puetz is an inspiring thirteen-week virtue study celebrating the noble deeds of women and girls from history.
Carrie has been homeschooling for over a decade and loves to share FREE homeschooling resources, deals, and reviews over at . You can find homeschool freebies, free homemaking resources, meal plans, free unit studies, and much more.