I’m currently challenging myself to stick with a $70 grocery budget for our family of five. This includes almost all of our breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners + most household products (toiletries, laundry soap, etc.).
For live updates, be sure to . See all posts on my $70 Grocery Budget here.
Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and we will be compensated if you click through and sign up. Read our .
Kaitlynn had her end of school Awards Day all morning on Tuesday morning, so I didn’t get any freezer cooking done. But I did find some great deals at Kroger!
I was going to do the Buy 4, Get $4 Off Deal, but I only had 3 ALL laundry detergents and our store didn’t have the the razors I was going to buy, so I hopped onto on my phone in the store to see if there were any new deals that had popped up since the last time I checked.
And low and behold, there was a hot tip about how Kraft barbecue sauce was marked down (for one day only!) to just $0.25 each when you buy 4 participating items — no coupons needed!
So, of course, I grabbed some of them up! I decided to get 5 bottles because I think that will last us for at least 3-5 months.
Note to self: Always remember to check when I’m in-store so I don’t miss a hot deal tip!
Kroger Shopping Trip — $30.04
- 2 lbs. Ground Turkey — marked down to $2.09 each
- 4 pears — marked down to $0.99
- 5 apples — marked down to $0.99 each
- 3 jars of Oui yogurt — marked down to $0.59 each
- 2 Dreaming Cow Grassfed yogurt — marked down to $0.59 each
- Eggs — $2.79
- 1 bottle of nail polish remover — $1
- 1 gallon milk — $2.79
- 5 lbs. of sausage — marked down to $1.69 each
- 5 bottles of Kraft Barbecue Sauce — $0.25 each when you buy 4 participating items (offer no longer valid)
- 3 bottles of ALL laundry detergent — $1.99 each when you buy 4 participating items (offer no longer valid), Used 2
- + $1/1 digital coupon (no longer available) = $0.99 each after sale and coupons
- Total with tax: $30.04
Total spent so far this week: $58.51
Total left to spend: $11.19
Rebates: $1.50 for buying the 2 Fage yogurts, $0.25 for submitting my receipt, + a second $0.25 for submitting another receipt.
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!