Welcome to my weekly Slow Day post, inspired by Monica from The Homespun Heart. My Word for 2018 is Slow and, in the spirit of that word, I’m taking one day each week (Wednesday) off — I’ll be unplugged and offline and plan to move at a slower pace, take time to do things that refresh me, and just really focus on being present and savoring the moment.
Each Saturday, I’ll be sharing a photographic peek into my Slow Day — and I’ll let the pictures almost 100% speak for themselves, instead of giving many explanations. Enjoy a little peek into our lives!
This week’s Slow Day was a bit different than most since not only were Jesse and I flying back from NYC, but I was also sick with a head cold. So I did very little other than read and rest and travel back home — which I guess was the perfect way to spend a Slow Day! 😉
Gratefully, we had already pre-determined that we weren’t going to try to hit a lot of sites in NYC and that we were just going to enjoy being together. I may not have been the most romantic company since I mostly had tissues stuck up my nose and then couldn’t hear for a few hours because my ears were completely plugged up due to the air pressure (I tried every trick in the book and nothing really worked!), but we still were able to laugh about it and enjoy being together. 🙂
- Mom Set Free (This book is SO good — I’ve been slowly reading this in January and finished it this week!)
- Daddy Long Legs (I was disappointed in this book — Dear Mr. Knightley is so much better!)
- She Reads Truth Bible (I’m using the Bible reading plan at the back of this Bible this year.)
- A Daring Escape (This one was so-so. It had some beautiful parts, but it wasn’t one of my favorite fiction books by Tricia Goyer.)
- Emotionally Healthy Spiritually (I’m halfway through this and it is fantastic and messing with me in a good way.)
- The Emotionally Healthy Woman (I haven’t read this one yet, but it comes highly recommended and I can’t wait to start it! And yes, it’s bordering on self-help — but it’s actually categorized as Christian Living and since it’s all about quitting things, then I decided it could be in line with my Year of Slow.)
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
Этот важный веб портал , он описывает в статьях про www.agroxy.com.