Last week, I posted about 44 Books I Plan to Read in 2018 and talked about my own personal reading plans for 2018. This week, for our weekly book post, I wanted to share about my plans for reading aloud to my kids.
You all know I’m a big fan of reading aloud to my kids! It’s something I’ve done since the time they were newborn and I am so grateful that I have. In fact, just the other day, Kathrynne (almost 13), was talking about how so much of what she knows she’s learned through books I’ve read to her, books she’s read, and audiobooks and audio drama she’s listened to. That made me so happy!
As the kids are older and in school, we have to be more intentional about making reading time happen. Recently, we’ve found that reading at dinner time works well. We usually just read for 10-15 minutes right now. We don’t fly through books at that rate, but my goal is to at least get through 10 books this year as a family. I chose 15 to give us options and also to encourage us to see if we can actually read all 15! 🙂
15 Books I Want to Read Aloud to My Kids This Year
- (This was one of my favorite books as a teen!)
- (I’ve read this and it was really good!)
- (I read this as a teen multiple times — so good!)
- Boyhood and Beyond (I’ve read this and it was so good!)
- (We’re in the middle of finishing this right now!)
- (My mom read this aloud to us growing up and I have such fond memories of it!)
What are some of your family’s favorite read alouds? I’d love to hear!
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!