Have you yet? It’s one of my favorite money-making apps, and it’s a great way to save money on groceries and more—without clipping coupons!
I posted about my deals at Kroger yesterday and when I , a lot of people asked questions about how iBotta works. So I thought it was high time I do an in-depth post about it!
How to Earn Money with Ibotta
1. and download the free app.
2. Login and check out which stores in your area offer cash back. (You can get cash back from 275 different stores — including Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, Publix, Food Lion, Costco, Dollar Tree, Harris Teeter, Whole Foods, and many, many more. No matter where you live, there should definitely be some stores that offer cash back offers from iBotta in your area!)
3. Before you go to the store or after you’re done with your grocery shopping, check the app to see if there are any cash back offers for items you purchased.
4. If an item you purchased qualified for a rebate, all you have to do to get your cash back is to choose the retailer you purchased from and the item you purchased. Then, upload a copy of your receipt and scan the barcode of the product and submit it. (This takes around a minute or less to do!)
5. Once your cash back is approved, it will be added to your account within 48 hours! You can cash out when you have $20 accrued in your account. You can choose to either have a Paypal or Venmo deposit or you can turn your cash back into gift cards for retailers like Amazon.com.
Here’s an example of how this worked for me on my Kroger purchases. I purchased Always and Tampax on sale with coupons at Kroger and got them for $1.99 per package (see more details on these deals here).
Then, I submitted my receipt for the Ibotta offer to get $1 back per Always or Tampax item purchased (limit of three rebates per brand).
Within a few hours, I got an email saying that my cashback was approved and $4.25 (I got an additional $0.25 for purchasing another grocery item!) was added to my account.
It’s SO easy to use — and a great way to stretch your grocery dollars just a little bit further!