We love bananas at our house, but occasionally, life will happen and we’ll let bananas go past their prime. Or, sometimes, I’ll find bananas marked down at the store because they are starting to get too ripe.
I’m really weird in that I prefer to eat bananas when they have some black spots on them, but the rest of my family won’t touch them once they are at the “Black Spot” stage.
When we have an abundance of over-ripe bananas, I either freeze them to use in smoothies and baking later, or I go ahead and make one of our favorite banana recipes with them.
I thought it might be fun to put together a list of some of my favorite banana recipes + some other recipes that I hope to try sometime soon. Some of these recipes are right here on my blog and others I gathered these from a variety of sites around the web. Most of them are fairly healthful (with a few exceptions) and many of them are family favorites.
Enjoy! (And be sure to tell us what YOUR favorite banana recipes are in the comments!)
- Freezer-Friendly Banana Bread
- Freezer-Friendly Chocolate Banana Bread
- Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
What are YOUR favorite ways to use up ripe bananas? Tell us in the comments!
Do you want to take better control of your grocery budget? If so, you’ll want to read my newest eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget!
This eBook will give you all the tips, tricks, and practical advice you need to create a grocery budget tailored to your family’s needs that you can actually STICK to (because that’s the key!)
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- How to create a grocery budget that fits your family’s needs and your finances!
- New systems to help you keep track of what you spend at the store!
- How to actually stick with your new budget and save money for years to come!
- Ways to save up to $50 off your grocery bill THIS WEEK by using the 10 simple strategies outlined in this eBook!