I recently had the opportunity to try out — a jewelry membership service dedicated to making your life easier and more stylish. Their goal is to make accessorizing with jewelry fun again.
As someone who likes to look nice and presentable, but who is by no means a fashionista, I wasn’t sure what I’d think of this service. It seemed a little quirky (renting jewelry?? Who does that?!) and expensive to me (I’m all about buying jewelry for $3 off the clearance rack at Kohl’s!).
However, because I’ve seen this advertised multiple places and because I know that you all enjoy it when I try out services and write completely honest reviews, I decided to go for it and then give you a really truthful look at my experience.
How Rocksbox Works
1. Sign up for a account. (If you use coupon code moneysavingmomxoxo at checkout, you’ll get your first month entirely FREE!)
2. Answer a few questions about your likes and dislikes. For instance, I said that I mostly wear silver jewelry and don’t want them to send me rings (because I only wear two ever — my wedding ring and a 10-year anniversary ring).
3. Add pieces to your Wish List. This is a way for your stylist to get a better idea of your likes and dislikes. They recommend that you add at least 15 pieces to your Wish List. Your stylist will do their best to choose at least one piece from your Wish List to include in your box. Rocksbox sets are curated for you based on your Style Profile and your Wish List.
4. Within a week or so, you’ll receive a box of jewelry. Your box will contain three different pieces of jewelry. You can keep this box of jewelry for as long as you like.
5. When you’re ready for a new box of jewelry, just ship the current box back. Within another week or so, you’ll receive another box of jewelry. (Note: Be sure to ship all the pieces back. If you keep a piece, you will be billed for it as that signifies to them that you wanted to purchase it.)
6. You can keep and wear your Rocksbox pieces for as long as you like. You can return your box anytime, as often as you like, and they’ll send out a new set right away. You pay the same monthly membership fee $19/month) regardless of how often you exchange your box.
7. You can purchase any of the jewelry you receive at a discounted price. You’ll get a $10 Shine credit every month that you can use toward the purchase of the jewelry. This credit does not roll over each month.
Tips For Making the Most of Rocksbox
Be sure to add jewelry to your Wish List. I added 15 pieces of jewelry to my Wish List before I got my first box. My stylist chose the bracelet I had picked out and created a set of jewelry around that. Once I saw what was in my first box and fell in love with the Kendra Scott earrings, I added quite a few more Kendra Scott items to my Wish List for future boxes.
Be sure to keep the original box that your jewelry comes in. I found that putting the jewelry straight back into the cute little box when I wasn’t wearing it was the safest way to make sure it didn’t get lost or broken.*
Be sure to leave feedback for your stylist. Just like Stitch Fix, stylists depend upon your feedback to make your future boxes as tailored to your style as possible. Once you receive your box of jewelry and wear the jewelry, be sure to log onto Rocksbox and share your feedback on the pieces you were sent so your stylist can get to know what you like and dislike.
*Note: In case you’re wondering what happens if you damage a piece of jewelry, here’s what their site says: Your membership includes a small insurance fee, which covers normal wear for all products. If there is slight damage or wear (e.g. lost earring back, a stone falls out, etc.) this is fully covered. However, we will evaluate the damage when it is returned to the warehouse, as excessive damage is not covered. If you have any damage or loss issues, don’t worry, but please email us immediately at
Pros of Rocksbox
You can get the first month FREE! Get an absolutely FREE month when you and use my code moneysavingmomxoxo. Just please put a reminder on your calendar to cancel the subscription before the 4 weeks is up in case you decide it’s not for you. I’d hate for you to get charged for something when you expected it to be free!
It’s great for people who need to be on camera or stages every week. If you’re someone who does a lot of video or media or public speaking, this might be a great option for you. For just $19 per month, you can get new jewelry to change up your look on a regular basis — without needing to go out and go shopping for jewelry. I love how jewelry can transform the look of outfits!
It gives you the opportunity to try new looks and styles. I absolutely adore this new bracelet I got in . I never would have thought I would like this style, but I really do! I also really liked the Kendra Scott earrings they sent in my box (see below).
The stylist helps you know what looks go together. Okay, so here’s my real-life confession: I often struggle to know what jewelry goes together. I always wonder if I’m breaking “The Jewelry Rules” when I pull together a bracelet, earring, and necklace combination that didn’t come packaged together. I love that my stylist told me that I could wear the three pieces she sent together. It was like, “Finally! Someone is telling me that I’m not breaking any rules or forever branding myself as a non-fashionista if I wear these three things together!!” 🙂
Cons of Rocksbox
It’s expensive. You knew I was going to say this, didn’t you?? 😉 As someone who usually gets her jewelry from the clearance racks at Kohl’s and Versona and who tries to pay less than $5 for every piece of jewelry, the thought of paying $19 per month to rent jewelry is just, well, a LOT of money.
Other people wore the jewelry. This might not seem weird to you, but for me, it was a little weird to think that I’m wearing jewelry that there’s a good chance someone else wore. They say that it’s sanitized and it looked brand-new to me, but still.
You might break or lose it. This is probably one of my biggest hesitations for this service. As a mom of kids, stuff breaks at our house. It’s just inevitable. And I had to be extra careful to make sure I put all the jewelry straight back into the box it came in so I wouldn’t break or lose it and then get charged for it.
You can’t use your credit toward your membership. This might not be something you care about, but I always look at the referral programs that companies offer. Rocksbox does offer a referral program — you can get a $25 credit for every friend you refer who signs up. However, they limit the number of referrals to 3 per month. Also, you can’t use the credit toward membership. The credit can only be used toward jewelry purchases.
Sign Up for One Month for FREE!
Get an absolutely FREE month when you and use my code moneysavingmomxoxo.
Just please put a reminder on your calendar to cancel the subscription before the 4 weeks is up in case you decide it’s not for you. I’d hate for you to get charged for something when you expected it to be free!
Want more information about Rocksbox? You can to see what was in my box and hear more about my thoughts on it.
Have you tried Rocksbox before? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts on your experience with it.
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
Был найден мной нужный сайт с информацией про купить аккумулятор для авто akkumulyatory.net