Welcome to Frugal Photo Friday! This month, I am partnering with Rebekah from . Each Friday we are sharing pictures of simple ways that we save money.
I brown two to three pounds of ground beef with 1-2 chopped onions. Then, I add in homemade taco seasoning mix (or just taco seasonings).
After that, I add in some 2-4 cups beans (most any kind will work — and you can use canned or home-cooked beans) and 1 can of diced tomatoes (or diced fresh tomatoes). I cook this mixture through and it’s ready to serve or cool and freeze.
The extra add-ins add some bulk and flavor and add at least the equivalent of an extra pound of ground beef. My family doesn’t even know most people eat taco meat without add-ins since we’ve been doing this all our married lives!
Head over to SimplyRebekah to see the savings that Rebekah is sharing today.
Now it is your turn to share the simple ways that you save. Post your link below or on and using the hashtag #FrugalPhotoFriday. All of the link-up details can be found .
Other posts in the Frugal Photo Friday series
- Frugal Photo Friday: Making Starbucks at Home
- Frugal Photo Friday: Kids and Bath & Beauty
- Frugal Photo Friday: Home and Decor (yes, you can laugh!)
- Frugal Photo Friday (on Monday!): Anything Goes!
- Frugal Photo Friday: Stretching Taco Meat
- Frugal Photo Friday: How I Pack for a Week in a Carry-on (and save on baggage fees!)
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!