Welcome to the Early to Rise Challenge! Throughout the month of March, I’m challenging myself and my readers to make the most of their mornings. So every week day morning at 9 a.m. EST, I’m posting a short Early to Rise post. I’ll share a few of my thoughts on the day’s passage from Early to Rise, tell you what time I got up that morning, and encourage you to leave a comment to tell us what time you got up and how you’re doing on the challenge.
Focus On Other People
Today’s reading in the Early to Rise book is on how you can change your life by living it to bless others. Getting up early is a great way to not only prepare yourself for a wonderful day, but also to help you be more organized so you have time in your life to bless others.
Think about it: if you’re always living life at breakneck speed with no time to breathe, you’re probably not going to have a lot of room or energy in your schedule to bless others. But if, on the other hand, you start your day off a little earlier and you have a plan of attack (and you actually follow through with that plan), you’re going to find that your days are not only more calm, you also have more enthusiasm for life. This enthusiasm will fuel your ability to bless others more.
I loved that a number of you said yesterday that one of the benefits of getting up early has been that you are a more cheerful person. I so agree (though if you get up late, don’t let that be an excuse for having a bad attitude, okay?).
You know what a direct by-product of a cheerful attitude is? Blessing others. Whether you intend to or not, when you are cheerful, it is going to be contagious.
What are you going to do today to bless someone else? Tell us your plan in the comments.
What Time Did You Get Up This Morning?
Me? I got up at 6:40 a.m. Not as early as I would have liked to, but I stayed up too late last night prepping for this weekend’s trip, so I set the alarm for 6:30 a.m. this morning… and then, ahem, I had a little trouble actually getting up when it went off.
That’s life sometimes, though. And I’m determined to have a great day today, even if it started out a little later than I would have liked.
What time did you get up? Leave a comment and let us know!
Join in the Chatter!
Want to blog about this challenge? If you’re blogging through this challenge with me, be sure to leave your link to your direct post for today below. Plus, if you’d like to post your daily posts to the Early to Rise Group Board on my Pinterest page, just shoot me an email (moneysavingmom @ gmail dot com) and I’ll invite you.
Want to follow along on Twitter or Instagram? Each week day morning on my Facebook Page, my Twitter account, and my Instagram account, I’ll be posting a picture of my alarm clock as public accountability. I’d love to have you do the same or join in the discussion on Twitter and Instagram. Just follow hashtag #EarlytoRise to see what others are tweeting and Instagramming about this challenge!
Other posts in the Early to Rise Challenge series
- The 30-Day Early to Rise Challenge Begins on Friday (grab your ebook for just $4.99!)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Day 1 (Your Mindset Matters)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Wake Up With a Plan for Your Day
- Early to Rise Challenge: It's Not Always Easy (and am I the only one who thinks drinking coffee black is crazy??)
- 15 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Make Your Day More Successful
- Early to Rise Challenge: Adjust Your Attitude
- 11 Things to Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow
- Early to Rise Challenge: Change Your Life By Taking One Small Step at a Time
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find the Artist in You
- Early to Rise Challenge: "It's Your World, So Change It"
- Early to Rise Challenge: Swim Upstream
- Early to Rise Challenge: Focus on Other People
- 5 Steps to Start Your Day With a Better Attitude
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find What Motivates You
- Early to Rise Challenge: The Halfway Mark!
- Early to Rise Challenge: Choose Who You Will Be Today
- Free printable: 17 Ways to Set Your Morning Up for Success
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Live Today on Accident
- Early to Rise Challenge: Be Quiet
- Early to Rise Challenge: Face Your Day With a Smile
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find an Accountability Partner
- Early to Rise: Share Your Success (and why I have a new crazy-early wake-up time!)
- 11 Things You Can Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow (free printable)
- Early to Rise Challenge: You're Not Alone
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Sanity with a Newborn
- Early to Rise Challenge: Begin Your Day With Prayer
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Settle for Average!
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!