Last night, I shared a post with 15 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Set Your Day Up for Success. I thought it’d be fun to follow that post up with 11 things you can do tonight to set you up for success tomorrow:
1. Make a List for Tomorrow
Take a few moments before bed to look at the calendar for tomorrow and map out a simple plan and to-do list. This will help you wake up with ambition, intention, and motivation.
2. Cross Three Things Off Your List
After you make a to-do list, take a minute and challenge yourself to immediately cross three things off of it. By doing this, you’ll carefully consider everything on your list and weed out those things that aren’t really a priority.
3. Do a Quick Tidy & Pick Up
Take 5 to 15 minutes before bed to quickly pick up and put away things that are out of place in the main living areas of your home.
4. Shine Your Kitchen Sink
I love FlyLady’s advice to go to bed with a shiny sink. It’s such a wonderful thing to be greeted with a clean kitchen in the morning.
5. Take Your Vitamins
I’ve become a big fan of taking my vitamins before bed. When I make it part of my evening routine, I seem much more apt to remember to take them regularly — and I feel better the next day, too!
6. Get the Coffee Pot Ready
I don’t use a coffee pot (I love my French Press!), but for those who do, this can be a wonderful thing to wake up to!
7. Lay Out Your Clothes
Save yourself some time and effort in the morning by picking out your outfit for tomorrow. And don’t forget to dress for the day you want to have!
8. Start Winding Down Early
If you plan to go to bed at 10 p.m., don’t wait until 9:45 p.m. to start thinking about bedtime. Turn off the TV, turn the lights down, and start prepping for your bedtime at least 30 minutes to an hour before it’s supposed to happen.
9. Think of Three Highlights From Your Day
I don’t know about you, but I have a terrible tendency to spend time in the evening feeling badly about things that happened (or didn’t happen) during the day. I can’t change the past, though, so this helps nothing.
If you need to ask forgiveness or work through something, do it, and then make yourself focus on the positive aspects of the day — the blessings, the surprises, the highlights, the good things.
10. Fill Your Soul & Mind With Something Encouraging
Turn on some relaxing music or read a good book before bed. Choose things that will calm and soothe your soul, not make you feel antsy or anxious.
11. Go to Bed Early
And finally, just go to bed. As early as you possibly can. Take it from me: unless you’re staying up with a sick child or for some other very important reason, it’s usually pointless to burn the midnight oil.
Do yourself a favor and get to bed early if at all possible. That’s one of the best ways to set yourself up for a successful morning.
What are your best nighttime tips and tricks for setting yourself up for success the next day?
Want some practical help with setting up your day for success? It all starts the night before! Be sure to grab a copy of my brand-new online course, Make Over Your Evenings.
This 14-day online course includes videos, a workbook, and step-by-step projects and is designed to help you maximize your evenings in order to experience more success in your life, more order in your home, and more joy in your soul.
It’s time to stop sleep-walking through life and wake up to the amazing excitement and fulfillment that comes when you follow my simple plan to Make Over Your Evenings.
Find out more about it here.
Other posts in the Early to Rise Challenge series
- The 30-Day Early to Rise Challenge Begins on Friday (grab your ebook for just $4.99!)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Day 1 (Your Mindset Matters)
- Early to Rise Challenge: Wake Up With a Plan for Your Day
- Early to Rise Challenge: It's Not Always Easy (and am I the only one who thinks drinking coffee black is crazy??)
- 15 Things You Can Do Each Morning to Make Your Day More Successful
- Early to Rise Challenge: Adjust Your Attitude
- 11 Things to Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow
- Early to Rise Challenge: Change Your Life By Taking One Small Step at a Time
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find the Artist in You
- Early to Rise Challenge: "It's Your World, So Change It"
- Early to Rise Challenge: Swim Upstream
- Early to Rise Challenge: Focus on Other People
- 5 Steps to Start Your Day With a Better Attitude
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find What Motivates You
- Early to Rise Challenge: The Halfway Mark!
- Early to Rise Challenge: Choose Who You Will Be Today
- Free printable: 17 Ways to Set Your Morning Up for Success
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Live Today on Accident
- Early to Rise Challenge: Be Quiet
- Early to Rise Challenge: Face Your Day With a Smile
- Early to Rise Challenge: Find an Accountability Partner
- Early to Rise: Share Your Success (and why I have a new crazy-early wake-up time!)
- 11 Things You Can Do Tonight to Set You Up for Success Tomorrow (free printable)
- Early to Rise Challenge: You're Not Alone
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Sanity with a Newborn
- Early to Rise Challenge: Begin Your Day With Prayer
- Early to Rise Challenge: Don't Settle for Average!
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!