Guest post from Tanya of
I am so thankful that I have a Dollar Tree close by. I can usually accomplish quite a bit of my grocery list there — because you can’t beat a dollar! The bonus is that now accepts coupons!
Here are my top 15 picks that I buy regularly:
1. Batteries –They usually come in a pack of four, and they have a variety of sizes.
2. Toothbrushes — I found a pack of two that were Colgate brand. They can cost $2 a piece or more at the grocery store!
3. Toothpaste — They have several name brands.
5. Whole wheat bread — Whole wheat bread for $1!
6. Chips/pretzels — I don’t buy these often, but sometimes I’ll have them as a treat or for lunches.
7. Gum/candy — I mostly buy these at Christmas Valentine’s Day, and Easter
8. Mugs — I use these for gifts. I just put a few teabags in them or decorate them to make it more personable.
9. Body soap — Body soap can be so expensive. Most of them are a generic brand, but they do have a few name brands.
10. Canned fruit — My kids love canned pears and peaches. At the grocery store on sale they are $1.29 or more.
11. Party Supplies — Party supplies can add up quickly. The Dollar Tree has a nice selection of colors and designs.
12. Organizers — I have found clear shoe boxes, hangers, and fabric containers.
13. Highlighters — I buy a pack of four.
14. Mailing supplies
15. Dry Beans — Believe it or not, my family likes pinto beans. They can cost up to $2 for a small bag at the grocery store.
What items do you like to buy at The Dollar Tree?
Tanya is a wife and mother of two teenagers. I blog at . Fruitful means conductive to productivity; causing to bear in abundance. I am excited to share ways I have made my house a loving home while living on a budget.
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!