If you have a lot you’re juggling right now, it’s easy to feel like you don’t have time to eat nutritiously in the morning. But, as I’ve written about recently, you can’t expect your body to run efficiently and productively if you’re not fueling it well.
Instead of grabbing a doughnut and latte at the drive-thru or just altogether skipping breakfast, here are some suggestions to help you make eating a healthful breakfast a priority:
1. Have a Plan
If you don’t have a plan for what you’re going to eat for breakfast, it’s much easier to just grab a pop-tart or something else that isn’t too nutritious.
Take 15 minutes on the weekends to plan out your breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners for the following week, and it will help your mornings run much more smoothly, not to mention saving you unnecessary trips for takeout!
2. Keep It Simple
It’s better to eat the same nutritious breakfast every morning, than to eat junk or nothing at all. There’s nothing wrong with keeping things simple! Find something — or a few things — that work for you to pull off for a quick breakfast and then stick with them.
3. Prep Food the Night Before
If you struggle to eat a nutritious breakfast, consider making breakfast prep part of your Top 5 Must-Do’s plan for before bed. (By the way, if you followed point number one and actually have a plan, it shouldn’t take too long to prep something the night before!)
When breakfast is already prepped in the morning, not only does it help you to wake up and feel like you’re already ahead, but it also will help guarantee that you eat something healthful before jumping into your day.
A few make-ahead breakfast ideas: Fruit Salad (or chopped up fruit), Hard-Boiled Eggs, Baked Oatmeal, or .
4. Make Food for the Freezer on the Weekends
If your weekdays and nights are packed, you might not have time to prep much food, but see if you can carve out an hour or two on the evenings to make some food for your freezer. As I’ve said often here, freezer cooking can make your life so much easier — and save your sanity, too!
5. Find Some Quick-Fix Favorites
If you don’t have time to prep food ahead of time and your freezer is bare, find a few breakfast ideas you can fall back on that are nutritious and can be made in a short amount of time.
A few quick-fix breakfast ideas: Peanut butter on Whole-Wheat Toast, Pick-Me-Up Smoothies, or Scrambled Eggs.
What are your favorite quick and easy go-to breakfast recipes?
My Day 7 Project Update
Bedtime: Made it to bed at 10 p.m. last night. I won’t give you my laundry list of reasons why I stayed up 30 minutes past my bedtime, but I will say that I’m going to make a point to be in bed before 9:30 p.m. tonight. I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow!
My Top 5 Evening Must Do’s: Done!
Wake Up Time: Got up at 4:35 a.m. this morning! I’ve been amazed at how going to bed at a decent hour is allowing me to get such great rest that I really haven’t been dragging much in the mornings — well, at least not after I actually get out of bed and take 10-15 minutes to really wake up! 🙂
Day 8 Project
1. Did you determine your bedtime and 5 Evening Must-Do’s? If so, leave a comment telling us how you did on them last night.
2. Did you determine what time you’re going to commit to waking up every morning for the next three weeks? If so, leave a comment telling us how you did this morning!
3. Did you get in some exercise yesterday? If not, make a commitment today to a specific way you’re going to incorporate exercise into your week on a regular basis.
4. What’s your plan for making sure you’re eating a nutritious breakfast every morning? Leave a comment and tell us about what’s working for you or what you’re going to experiment with.
Other posts in the Make the Most of Your Mornings series
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Introduction (Day 1)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Your Day Starts the Night Before (Day 2)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Getting Out of Bed On the Right Foot (Day 3)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Begin Your Day With a Good Attitude (Day 4)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Have a Plan for the Day (Day 5)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Create a Realistic To-Do List (Day 6)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Get Your Heart Pumping (Day 7)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Eat Something Nutritious (Day 8)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Stop Saying "I'm Not a Morning Person!" (Day 9)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Get Dressed in Something That Makes You Feel Good (Day 10)
- How Changing My Morning Changed My Whole Day
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Don't Focus on Quitting Bad Habits, Focus on Starting Good Habits (Day 11)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Create a Morning Plan of Action (Day 12)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: There Is No One Right Way To Do Anything (Day 13)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: What To Do When You Fall Off the Bandwagon (Day 14)
- Make the Most of Your Mornings: Remember What Really Matters (Day 15)
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!
В интеренете нашел нужный веб портал , он описывает в статьях про Макароноварка купить www.np.com.ua