Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is delicious, filling, frugal, and so freezer-friendly! If you freeze the bags flat, you can to fit a lot in a small freezer.
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 10 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped (I bake mine in the oven like this.)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli, lightly steamed (can use frozen or fresh)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 2 batches )
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (or 2 batches )
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
To freeze: Divide into four ziptop freezer bags and seal tightly. Freeze flat.
To serve: Thaw overnight (or for 8 hours) in the refrigerator. Dump into a greased casserole dish (each bag will fill an 8×8-inch pan; two bags will fill a 9×13-inch pan). Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
This recipe makes around 15-18 servings. Each freezer bag serves 4-5 people.
Recipe adapted from
Did you do any freezer cooking over the past two days? If so, I’d love to see the results of your efforts! Link up your blog posts below or tell us about your success in the comments.
Do you want to take better control of your grocery budget? If so, you’ll want to read my newest eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget!
This eBook will give you all the tips, tricks, and practical advice you need to create a grocery budget tailored to your family’s needs that you can actually STICK to (because that’s the key!)
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- How to create a grocery budget that fits your family’s needs and your finances!
- New systems to help you keep track of what you spend at the store!
- How to actually stick with your new budget and save money for years to come!
- Ways to save up to $50 off your grocery bill THIS WEEK by using the 10 simple strategies outlined in this eBook!
Read to get started? Just use the form below to sign up!
Other posts in the 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer series
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Week #1 Breakfast Freezer Foods Plan + Shopping List
- Freezer-Friendly Banana Bread
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Cinnamon Rolls (Day 2)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Waffles (Day 3)
- Freezer-Friendly Baked Oatmeal
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Week #2 Freezer-Friendly Lunch Recipes + Shopping List
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Homemade Baking Mix (Day 5)
- Freezer-Friendly Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Brown Bag Burritos (Day 7)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Homemade Pizza Pockets (Day 8)
- Freezer-Friendly Ham & Cheese Pockets
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Week #3 Freezer-Friendly Dinners + Shopping List
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Southwest Roll-ups (Day 10)
- Freezer-Friendly Barbecued Meatballs
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Lasagna Casserole (Day 12)
- Freezer-Friendly Homemade Pizza Dough
- Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Week #4 Freezer-Friendly Snacks & Desserts + Shopping List
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Italian Chicken (Day 15)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (Day 16)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Easy Morning Glory Muffins (Day 17)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Homemade Energy Bites (Day 18)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (Day 19)
- 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer: Freezer-Friendly Chocolate Banana Bread (Day 20)
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!