Want to know a simple way I save an average of $3 to $5 off my grocery bill every week? I sign up for freebies!
Now, I have to tell you, I used to think signing up for freebies was a waste of time. I knew this one girl who was all into freebies and she spent what seemed like enormous amounts of time finding and signing up for freebies online. She’d post pictures on her blog of what she got in the mail and it pretty much looked like junk to me.
It seemed like signing up for freebies meant spending lots of time searching online and filling out forms all just to get tiny little samples of stuff I didn’t need and wouldn’t use in the first place. Needless to say, I was unimpressed.
However, this friend kept raving about her free samples and I finally decided, “Okay, what’s it going to hurt me just to try it for a few months?”
So I did… and, ahem, now I’m hooked. And I’ve quickly realized that signing up for freebies doesn’t have to be a waste of time. In fact, it is fun — and it can save you a nice little amount on your grocery bill.
After all, when you get a coupon for free Tropicana Orange Juice, a free Gillette razor and coupons for 2 free packages of yogurt in just one day’s mail, it’s hard to conclude that it’s a waste of time to sign up for freebies!
Not only can you get full-sized products and free product coupons, but the sample sized products can help decrease how often you have to buy shampoo, deodorant, laundry detergent and body wash, and they also often have high-value coupons in them which can net you a full-sized product for a great deal!
How To Fill Your Mailbox With Great Freebies in Less Than 15 Minutes Per Week
1. Set Up A Separate Email Account
Do NOT sign up for freebies with your main email account. I promise you’ll be inundated with advertisement emails. Instead, set up a separate account through GMail or Juno or some other free service and only give out that email address when signing up.
2. Download An Automatic Form Filler
You don’t have to re-type the same information every time you fill out a form. Just download or and they do almost all the work for you at the touch of a button. Saves you a great deal of time and makes it so much faster to sign up for freebies!
3. Check December212012.info Often
I do my best to keep you updated on the best freebies which are available — from samples to free coupons to full-sized products. Often, the really hot freebies only last for a few hours, so if you’re able to, I’d recommend checking in at least one to three times per day in order not to miss out. You can also follow me on or to be notified when something new has been posted.
4. Sign Up for Freebies Which Interest You
When you see a freebie I’ve posted that you’re interested in, I’d recommend signing up immediately so you don’t miss out in case supplies are exhausted. However, I recommend that you don’t sign up for every freebie posted — only those you know you’ll use. If you won’t use it, there’s no point in having it clutter up your home, right?
5. Be Patient
It usually takes around 4-6 weeks for freebies to start arriving. It’s easy to be discouraged if you sign up for freebies faithfully for a few weeks and see nothing in return. Don’t be disheartened. Just keep plugging away at signing up for those you’re interested and by week four or six, you should start to see a real return on your effort.
Do you think it’s worth it to sign up for freebies? Why or why not?
Get the latest coupons delivered right to your door for
as low as $1 per week with Discounted Newspapers!
Other posts in the 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget series
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Menu Planning on a Budget (Part 1)
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Menu Planning on a Budget (Part 2)
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Shop With Cash
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: The Buy Ahead Principle
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Shop at More Than One Store (Part 1)
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Shop At More Than One Store (Part 2)
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Shop at More Than One Store (Part 3)
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Everyone Should Use Coupons
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: 10 Ways to Get Coupons for Free
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Should You Ever Pay For Coupons?
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Finding a Coupon Organizational System Which Works for You
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: How to Maximize Your Savings With Coupons
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Play the Drugstore Game
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: How To Get Started Playing the Drugstore Game
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Sign Up for Freebies
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Follow a Few Helpful Blogs
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Don't Waste
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Don't Be Brand Dependent
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Look for Markdowns
- 31 Days to a Better Grocery Budget: Buy in Bulk
Subscribe for free email updates from December212012® and get my Guide to Freezer Cooking for free!